Opened in 1915, the Palace Theatre opened on Craig Avenue between Main Street & Bently Avenue, seating capacity 450. The Palace Theatre was in operation for 12 years. The Palace Theatre wasn't designed for "talkies". After "talkies" were introduced, the Palace Theatre began losing customers. In 1927 the Stadium Theatre opened on Main Street which was around the corner and the Stadium Theatre played "new movies" so in 1928 the Palace Theatre closed. It was owned and managed by James Wallace Laird.