Tottenville Landmarks http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/ Tottenville Landmarks The Theodore F. and Elizabeth J. De Hart House built ca. 1850 134 Main Street Architectural Styles: Gothic-Revival Greek Revival This clapboard cotage was built as an investment by Henry Butler. The house was owned from 1874 to 1913 by Theodore DeHart, who made his living as an "Oyster Planter". The porch was added in the 1870s. http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/photo?photoID=34983248 34983248 The Henry Hogg Biddle House A Greek revival style home built in late 1840s by Henry Hogg Biddle, a prominent member of the community, it stands on a one and a half-acre bluff offering commanding views of Raritan Bay. 70 Satterlee Street http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/photo?photoID=34984246 34984246 The Conference House at the end of Hylan Boulevard This was the site of a peace conference on Sept. 11, 1776, between American representatives John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and Edward Rutledge and British Admiral Lord Howe. Erected in the late 17th century by the Billopp family, the house is a rare and outstanding example of a fieldstone manor house in the New World. It is open to the public. http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/photo?photoID=34984450 34984450 Tottenville Library at 7430 Amboy Road This library, built in 1903-04, was the first of many library branches financed by industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/photo?photoID=34986033 34986033 Home of James & Lucinda Bedell James & Lucinda Bedell 7484 Amboy Road Tottenville, Staten Island The house is a French Second Empire-style house built ca 1872. http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/photo?photoID=35312393 35312393 The Battered Landmark Spray-painted in 2005 by a disgruntled owner who was a builder. http://www.tottenvillememories.net/apps/photos/photo?photoID=34728700 34728700